Victoria's Secret unveils a $1 million bra made of 2,100 diamonds that model Elsa Hosk will wear in this year's fashion show
- Since 1996, Victoria's secret has chosen one angel every year to model a lavish bra called the Fantasy Bra in its annual runway show.
- On Monday morning, the brand announced that Elsa Hosk would wear this year's Fantasy Bra.
- The "Dream Angels" bra is made of 2,100 Atelier Swarovski-created diamonds and features a balconette design with thin spaghetti straps.
- A Swarovski-crystal-studded bra inspired by the $1 million creation will be available for purchase from Victoria's Secret starting November 29.
Following tradition, Victoria's Secret has revealed this year's Fantasy Bra two days before its annual fashion show will be filmed in New York City. On Monday morning, the brand debuted the lavish piece of lingerie called the "Dream Angels" bra on Instagram and Twitter.
The 2018 Fantasy Bra is made of 2,100 Atelier Swarovski-created diamonds and features a balconette design with thin spaghetti straps. A Swarovski-crystal-studded bra inspired by the $1 million (or R14,2 million) creation will be available for purchase from Victoria's Secret starting November 29.
The brand's Fantasy Bra has been a staple of its annual runway show since 1996. That year, Claudia Schiffer was selected to wear the first iteration of the extravagant garment: a $1 million piece called the "Million Dollar Miracle" bra.
Since then, one Victoria's Secret angel - models who have special contracts with the brand - has been chosen to wear the Fantasy Bra every year.
At $1 million, this year's Dream Angels bra is far less expensive than some of the ornate designs that have graced the lingerie brand's runway over the past two decades.
In 2001, for example, Heidi Klum wore a $12.5 million (roughly R175 million) bra covered in pink sapphires known as the "Heavenly Star" bra. To this day, it remains the most valuable bra in the world, according to Guinness World Records.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa
- A big South African mall owner will scrap parking fees at some shopping centres – and offer R5 parking everywhere else
- Malusi Gigaba's sex tape is trending on the world's biggest porn site
- Bill Clinton has four words of advice for SA
- BP says ‘everybody that is anyone’ in SA has made environmental ‘mistakes’ – and their confessions shouldn’t be held against them