- Panarottis is stopping its popular "eat as much as you can" pizza special on Thursdays.
- It will be replaced with a new Thursday special, called 'The Big Family Feast'.
- For more stories go to Business Insider South Africa.
It's a sad month for pizza fans as Panarottis waves goodbye to its much-loved Thursday 'Eat as much pizza' special, which allows you to order endless pizzas.
Business Insider South Africa has confirmed with Spur Corporation, which owns the pizza chain, that the special which brought much joy and cheer to South Africans will now be replaced with a new Thursday special. Some stores will be making the transition in January, which leaves just three Thursdays for fans to pay a visit their ‘local’ and partake in what has become a family ritual across South Africa.
There are not many restaurants left where one can engorge on a bottomless supply of cheesey pizza goodness for just R94.90.
Ditching the special could be a sign of the company shaking things up after having been reported to be under pressure from "aggressive discounting" by competitors in the takeaway pizza market.
The new special, called The Big Family Feast, will include a 1 starter, 1 flatbread, 1 pizza, 1 pasta and 1 jug of soda for a R299.90.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here. click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Chinese Vivo cellphones are now on sale in SA for R1,900. Here are some of our favourite features
- SA’s biggest TikTok stars are ranked among the world's top accounts - and they include a magician and 19-year old from Pretoria
- South Africa has the most expensive home fibre internet connections of any country, according to a new survey
- This eye-popping video shows how South Africa became the country with the longest working hours in the world
- Uber's safety centre for SA is based in Egypt - here's how it works
- SAA in business rescue: What it means and its odds for survival
- Here are one bank's 10 'outrageous' predictions that could shake markets in 2020