MTN is giving away 1GB of free data – with a catch, and cake
- MTN, is giving away 1GB of free data for downloading its new app. The catch: the data is only valid for one day.
- But the app also comes with cake, and the cake comes with prizes.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
MTN is giving away 1GB of free data to all customers who download its new MTNApp. There just one catch: the free data bundle is only available for 24 hours, and is use-it-or-lose it.
The new app replaces its MyMTNApp, which the service provider is calling on customers to uninstall.
According to Jaqui O'Sullivan, MTN SA's corporate affairs executive, the new app offers ease of use and navigation.
"It allows customers to effectively manage their accounts, data usage and recharge quickly," she says.
It also unlocks exclusive deals not available elsewhere.
In celebration of MTN turning 25 years old, the new app features a Cake Crush game – much like Candy Crush, just with cake.
And the cake comes with prizes.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The R100,000-a-year St Stithians College in Johannesburg now has its own Seattle coffee shop
- People all over the world are searching for video of former Bishops teacher Fiona Viotti – mostly without success
- Always is removing the female symbol from its menstrual products because not everyone who has a period is a woman
- You can now buy CBD oil derived from dagga from Clicks and Dis-Chem, starting at R295.
- The US government hydrogen-bombed a chain of islands in the 1950s, and we’re only now getting clues about the radiation effects
- A US congresswoman dared Mark Zuckerberg to spend an hour a day policing the same 'murders, stabbings, suicides, other gruesome, disgusting videos' as Facebook's moderators. He declined.