- Newly-unearthed footage shared by the Daily Mail shows a 17-year-old Meghan Markle performing "Santa Baby" at a high school Christmas show.
- Markle and her classmate and fellow-actress Natalie Fryman performed the song in December 2008.
Meghan Markle may currently be gearing up for Christmas festivities with the royal family, but 20 years ago she was celebrating the holidays a bit differently.
Newly unearthed footage shared by the Daily Mail shows a 17-year-old Markle performing "Santa Baby" at the Immaculate Heart High School Christmas Liturgy Show in December 1998, and it gives a rare peek at her life before becoming a household name.
In the video above, Markle can be seen performing the song alongside her classmate and fellow future-actress, Natalie Fryman. Both wore festive Santa hats as they performed a lightly choreographed number to the classic Christmas tune.
A former student in the audience told the Daily Mail that the "performance went down really well."
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Watch: Huskies in Christmas hats sledding on a South African beach
- SpaceX is building a 'test hopper' Mars spaceship in Texas — and Elon Musk says it could launch by March
- 20 years from now, our homes will have mirrors that give us style tips to robots that help us with dinner
- Instant online gifts that will make it look like you actually care
- 20 last-minute Christmas gifts you can buy at a petrol station – and nobody will ever know