Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg has an unconventional hobby: hunting wild boars with a bow and arrow
- Mark Zuckerberg has an unconventional hobby: hunting wild boars with a bow and arrow.
- Zuckerberg said he goes bowhunting, in response to a comment on his recent Facebook post outlining his resolutions for the new decade.
- The Facebook cofounder and CEO has previously challenged himself to only eat meat that he killed, but has since stepped away from that challenge.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg doesn't kill his own food anymore but still enjoys the thrill of the hunt.
The billionaire executive talked about his bowhunting hobby in response to a comment on his recent Facebook post announcing his New Year's resolutions.
"I miss the 'I'm going to personally kill what I eat' days," a commenter said, referencing one of Zuckerberg's previous challenges in which he vowed to personally kill any meat that he ate for a year.
Zuckerberg replied that he still goes hunting - "these days mostly with a bow and arrow though." He added that his game of choice is wild boar.
It's not clear if Zuckerberg was serious about hunting wild boars - shooting "feral hogs" was a meme last year that originated from a viral tweet debating the merits of owning assault rifles. A spokesperson for Zuckerberg did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The biggest South African business scandals over the past decade
- These are the top 10 academic schools in South Africa right now - with fees starting from R33,000 a year
- We were weirded out by Sunlight's new bubble bath - but as expected it packed a monster punch
- Thousands of Australians are calling for their prime minister's resignation
- The US reportedly sent secret messages to Iran via Swiss intermediaries, urging it not to provoke Trump
- Meghan Markle has reportedly signed a voice-over deal with Disney