- In an unusual move, Google teased the design and capabilities of its upcoming Pixel 4smartphone, which isn't expected until October.
- The tease appears to be focusing on the Pixel 4's camera, which looks nearly identical to the rumored rear camera on the new iPhone that Apple is expected to announce in September.
- The tease also suggests that the Pixel 4's camera could be even more impressive than the Pixel 3's camera, which is already the gold standard of smartphone cameras.
- For more stories, go to www.businessinsider.co.za.
Google released photos of its upcoming Pixel 4 smartphone - which we're not expecting until October - after information about its design and specifications started to leak on the internet.
The Pixel 4 has supposedly leaked a few times recently, with much of the focus on the rear camera design. The latest video from tech YouTube channel "Unbox Therapy" goes in depth with a supposedly leaked metal cast model of the Pixel 4 that's typically used by case makers as a reference to build their cases for upcoming phones.
Check out Google's Pixel 4, as posted on Twitter:
Twitter user @atn1988 even "combined the two slices" of the Pixel 4 photo in Google's tweet to make a complete phone:
The main thing that's catching most people's attention is the rear camera design on the Pixel 4, which looks mighty similar to the rumored rear camera design on this year's new iPhone, as pictured in this fan-made computer rendering:
In its tweet, Google teases "Wait 'til you see what it can do" and only shows images of the back of the phone, including the camera. I might be reading too much into things, but it seems like Google is teasing that the Pixel 4's camera might be even more impressive than the Pixel 3's, which is already considered the gold standard in smartphone cameras.
From the looks of it, there are four "holes" on the Pixel 4's rear camera system, but only two of them appear to be camera lenses. One of the holes looks like a flash, and the other hole appears to be a sensor. The Pixel 3 only has a single camera lens.
It's pure speculation at this point, but the second camera on the Pixel 4 could be an ultrawide camera lens rather than a zoomed lens. Ultrawide camera lenses have been a trend in 2019, with Samsung and OnePlus adopting ultrawide camera lenses on their latest smartphones, the Galaxy S10 and the OnePlus 7 Pro.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Micro mansions are popping up all over South Africa – here’s what they look like
- Here's what Comrades record-breaker Gerda Steyn eats for breakfast - and why she believes in red meat 'boosts'
- WhatsApp says it will be shutting down spam from December – here’s how
- Bad news for your pension: most SA shares bled over the past year
- MTN prepaid users can get 1GB free data a month – and the catch only comes in month fourA Woolworths window display has just won big in London