Vitality members can now save up to 50% off Uber Eats - but only on healthy meals
- Discovery Vitality members can now get up to 25% off certain healthy meals, and 50% off healthy kids meals on Uber Eats.
- Only certain healthy meals from Col’Cacchio, Doppio Zero, Nando’s and Ocean Basket qualify for the new benefit.
- Here’s how you can activate the benefit.
- For more, go to Business Insider South Africa.
Discovery Vitality members can save up to 25% on their Uber Eats orders, but only for healthy meal options which qualify.
You need to activate the HealthyDining benefit on the Discovery application to see what the healthy meal options are on Uber Eats.
The HealthyDining benefit is only available for certain meals from Col’Cacchio, Doppio Zero, Nando’s and Ocean Basket. Meals which qualify include Nando's Quarter Chicken, a calamari bowl from Ocean Basket and the banting beef lasagne at Col'Cacchio.
Dr Craig Nossel, Head of Vitality Wellness, said after research proved the correlation between unhealthy diets and dying prematurely, Discovery deemed it important to encourage people to eat more healthily.
“With unhealthy food being more accessible, affordable and marketed more prominently than healthy food, Vitality HealthyDining is designed to make the healthier choice an easy choice,” Nossel said.
In addition to saving up to 25% on meals, members can also save up to 50% on select healthy kids meals on Uber Eats.
The total discount a Discovery member receives is dependent on whether they’ve completed certain health checks.
Nossel added that the benefit would soon be expanded to include savings when people eat inside a restaurant.
This is how you can activate the HealthyDining benefit on your Discovery application.
The function is only available on the latest version of the app.
1) Open the Discovery application on your smartphone.
2) Select the burger-bar menu.
3) Select Vitality.
4) Select the new HealthyDining benefit in the 'Get Rewarded' menu.
5) Select 'Get Started'.
6) Click next.
7) Accept the terms and conditions.
8) Press the "link Uber Eats account" option.
9) Copy your unique code.
10) Go to the Uber Eats application and select your profile.
11) Go to promotions.
12) Select add promotion and add your number.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The pens that marked voter thumbs cost millions - here's why their secret ink may have failed
- FF Plus thanked SA for the votes – with an image it expropriated without compensation
- Woolworths just appointed Marks & Spencer's former fashion boss to its board - what to expect from the UK's 'queen of retail'
- Vodacom keeps changing the reason it claims to be SA’s best network – and an advertising regulator is getting tired of its games