- Former Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has announced his arrival at LA Galaxy with a full-page advert in the Los Angeles Times.
- The advert has just five words: "Dear Los Angeles, You're welcome."
- The ego has landed.
Former Manchester United footballer Zlatan Ibrahimovic placed a huge advert in Friday's edition of the Los Angeles Times to announce his arrival at American soccer team LA Galaxy.
Ibrahimovic, who once compared himself to God, is a highly decorated striker. He has won league championships and major European titles at some of the world's biggest clubs including Inter Milan, FC Barcelona, and Manchester United.
And now, aged 36, he brings his talents to Los Angeles — and he really wants the city to know about it.
So Ibrahimovic did what Ibrahimovic does best — he took out a full-page advert in the LA Times His message was simple: "Dear Los Angeles, You're welcome." He then signed the advert.
See the advert below.
Ibrahimovic was also photographed in his LA Galaxy kit in an article in the newspaper.
As you can tell, the ego has landed.
Receive a single WhatsApp message every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
- South African knights – in full shiny armour – are fighting it out over weekends
- Naspers just got R115 billion richer — here are 5 outrageous things it could do with the cash
- SA's most popular drone is way ahead of its competitors. Here are the 5 reasons why
- These are some of South Africa's most brazen medical aid scams and schemes
- These online courses (from as little as R140) can land you a hot job in tech
- Le Creuset, which is owned by a South African, has apologised for angering its black fans
- The closest thing you can find to Wakanda in the real world is Wits, according to the world's biggest news agency
- Samsung is making some good-looking cases for your new – fragile – Galaxy S9
- South Africa will be one of the biggest beneficiaries from the new African free trade area, says Moody’s
- We tried KFC's new 'mojito' - and one ingredient was a bit overpowering
- 34 years of hard slog, and then 2 big promotions in 6 days: what we know about new acting Sars boss Mark Kingon
- Amazon is selling fake Basotho blankets in the middle of the Black Panther craze – and they are really ugly
- Cyril Ramaphosa is backing the Afro – but a single African currency may only work if it is pegged to the rand, says an economist
- The world's most expensive superyachts come with helipads, movie theaters, and swimming pools — take a look
- A medium at Woolworths? You’re actually a XXL at Mr Price. Why SA’s clothing sizes are crazy
- We compared the price of contracts that come with an iPhone X – and the winner is R1,200 a year cheaper than the rest
- These are the 5 most expensive South African wines you can buy right now – if you are willing to spend up to R5,000 per bottle
- 'World's most comfortable shoe' now made from South African invasive trees
- South Africa’s top barista showed us how to brew the perfect cup of coffee
- Use this secret weapon to improve your meetings, suggest SA academics
- An exec who invests Mark Shuttleworth’s money keeps every rejection letter he has ever received – here’s why