A YouTube engineer built a device that shoots masks onto people's faces
- YouTuber and engineer Allen Pan thinks he's come up with the perfect solution to the mask refusal epidemic sweeping across the US — a mask gun.
- In his latest video the former Mythbusters contestant said that if educational videos about the effectiveness of masks worked on people, then everyone would be wearing them. But they aren't.
- "This is not a world of fact anymore, this is a world of opinion and emotion," he said. "And if there's one thing coronavirus protestors actually care about, it's the Second Amendment. That's right — guns."
- Pan invented a gun that shoots masks onto people's faces. The mask is projected with just enough force the mask strings attach to the subject's head, and adhesive patches make sure it sticks. He can even aim with precision thanks to a laser pointer.
- First, he tested it on a dummy, which worked the first time. Despite a few subsequent failed attempts, Pan determined it was ready for human trials.
- He then took the gun to Huntington Beach, one of the most anti-mask cities in southern California, wearing running shoes "in case things got racist." But he was pleasantly surprised to see plenty of people wearing masks already, and offered passers-by the chance to try shooting the gun themselves.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
—Allen Pan (@AnyTechnology) August 15, 2020
Watch the full video below.
Read the original article on Insider
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- A new law proposes detailed employment equity targets for SA – what you need to know
- No more happy hour? You can expect pricier booze, fewer specials at your local bar, tavern
- Facebook just launched avatars in South Africa. Here's how to make your own
- TAKE A LOOK | PEP's new logo looks completely different
- Cigarettes are running short everywhere, but most booze is still in on Level 2