Watch: Woman finds dream job earning almost R115,000 a month making jingles
28-year-old Sarah Hughes from Gloucestershire had gone from minimum wage to earning almost R115,000 a month making TV jingles, reports PA.
A trained musician, Hughes studied creative sound at Newport
University in South Wales.
She struggled to find a job after finishing her degree.
After advertising her musical skills on freelance marketplace Fiverr, her career skyrocketed.
She now makes commercial jingles and professional voiceovers and even bespoke love songs.
She works 3 to 4 hours a day.
Her career has even funded her first house, which she bought with her husband.
After being told her degree in the arts would not get her anywhere, she is happy that she has proved the doubters wrong.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This will likely be the cheapest SONA in 5 years - R500,000 cheaper than the last one in February
- FNB gave away free money – here’s what will happen if you don’t pay it back
- This is how much South African ambassadors are paid – after all their expenses are covered
- South Africans with debt will probably save on lower interest rates soon – but don’t start spending just yet
- Chicken Licken is finally on Uber Eats – so we paid R10 to have ours driven 500 metres and avoid the winter chill