A herd of wild cows broke into a Hong Kong supermarket and started eating all its food
- Wild cows broke into a supermarket in Hong Kong, trashed the place, and started eating fruit and vegetables earlier this month.
- Four cows entered the Fusion supermarket and spent more than two hours there, local media reported.
- Watch a video of the cows wreaking havoc below.
A herd of wild cows wreaked havoc on a stormed into a supermarket in Hong Kong, trashed the place, and feasted on its fruit and vegetables.
A total of four cows entered the Fusion supermarket in Mui Wo, a rural town in southwestern Hong Kong, around 20:00 on February 7, the local Ming Pao newspaper reported.
Footage posted on Facebook showed three cows walking around Fusion's fresh fruit and vegetable section, appearing to be barricaded in by three shopping carts, while shoppers looked on and tried to take photos.
Three of them were still hanging around the store around 22:30 that night, even after the store shut for the night.
Fusion is the high-end version of the city's ubiquitous PARKnSHOP supermarket chain, and sells more gourmet food than some of PARKnSHOP's other chains.
The footage shows one of the cows rummaging through the bottom shelf of a fridge, while three others work through packets of oranges and grapes.
The Mui Wo area is home to around 30 cows and 40 water buffaloes, Ming Pao reported. The outlet said they have never entered stores before.
Andy Wong Man-hon, a district councilor, told the newspaper he was worried this incident would lead to more incidents of cows invading local stores.
The wild animals completely destroyed the fruit, and staff thoroughly cleaned all the surrounding shelves, Ming Pao reported PARKnSHOP representatives as saying.
Hong Kong - a city known for its bustling nightlife and luxury mansions - has been grappling with wild animals wreaking havoc on its way of life recently.
Wild monkeys were caught climbing up apartment buildings, entering through kitchen windows, and tipping over bags of food last year.
For more, go to Business Insider South Africa.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This SA couple cashed in all their savings to start the Uber of cleaning services – five years later they’re raking in revenue of R100 million
- These South African magnetic field barriers stop sharks 100% of the time - and they’ve just been installed in Reunion
- New door knobs could get you to sell your property. Here are three other quick fixes fixes from SA decor experts
- Everything you need to know about South Africa's massive gas find
- These are the tax changes you can expect in this week’s budget, according to PwC