- There are 163 countries and territories that drive on the right and 76 that drive on the left.
Knowing which side of the road people drive on is important for anyone who's thinking about using a vehicle in a foreign country.
There are 163 countries and territories that drive on the right side of the road, while 76 of them drive on the left.
Many of the countries that drive on the left - making up about 30% of the world's population - are former British colonies, including ones in Southeast Asia, Southern Africa, and Oceania.
Here's a graphic showing which side of the road each country drives on:
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- PICS: 2 great white sharks ate a dead whale in front of a boat full of tourists
- This 15-year-old farm boy from Caledon will be flying for SA at the world’s first FAI drone-racing champs in China
- The cost of paranoia about SA: Businesses have wasted trillions on overseas flops
- South Africans probably won’t be hit by big tax hikes next year, PricewaterhouseCoopers says
- Uber versus Taxify — we compare their fares in Joburg, Cape Town and Durban