The Samsung Galaxy Note 9 is now available in SA – here's how you can get yours first
- Samsung’s new Galaxy Note 9 is available in South Africa now.
- South Africans can get their new Note 9 for R18,999 in cash, and on contract from cellular providers.
- MTN offered the best option available for pre-ordering the Note 9 in our review of the various offers.
Samsung newest smartphone, the Galaxy Note 9, will has been released in South Africa.
While it is pricier than the iPhone X (R16,999 for 64Gb and 21,999 for the 256GB option) at a hefty R18,999, the Note 9 offers more memory (128 GB), a slightly better camera, and the option to plug in more memory.
The Note 9 has a similar camera to Samsung’s previous flagship device, the Galaxy S9+, featuring a 12MP dual-lense main camera and an 8MP selfie camera.
READ: All the cool features of the new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - available in South Africa within two weeks
It also comes with a longer lasting battery than the Galaxy S9+ and the iPhone X, the closest non-Samsung competition in the local market. And it comes with a 6.4’ infinity display, and an improved Bluetooth S-Pen, which allows you to control your device without touching it.
Say goodbye to lagging during those Fortnite sessions as Samsung promises that the Note 9 is optimised for gaming with a cutting-edge processor, and a "water-carbon cooling system" (somewhat in doubt at the moment) that helps prevent overheating.
This combined with the huge display will make sure your gaming experience is as close to a console as you can get right on a phone for the time being.
Business Insider South Africa compared the options to get the Note 9 first.
MTN is the best option right now as its offer comes with a 24” curved monitor, a wireless charger, a Dex HDMI cable, and a tripod camera for the same price as other providers.
Telkom comes in second with added mobile data.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Watch: the US lobster industry is feeling the pinch as China retaliates in the trade war
- Porn star Stormy Daniels is celebrating Trump's legal woes - here's a timeline of his many marriages and rumoured affairs.
- This is officially the best TV ad in SA — and it features a hilarious robot built with CGI and 'junk'
- Stretch marks inspired this Limpopo woman to launch her own products - and her R200 investment has yielded R10 million in sales