Apple’s cheapest new iPhone is almost in South Africa - and these are the six colours you can choose from
- Apples new cheaper iPhone Xr will be available in South Africa on October 26, iStore South Africa said.
- Preorders start on October 19.
- The iPhone Xr has the same basic design of Apple’s flagship Xs, but has an LCD screen instead of OLED.
The colourful iPhone XR - Apple’s cheapest iPhone - will be available in South Africa on October 26, iStore South Africa revealed on Thursday.
Preorders for the new iPhone open on October 19, iStore said. While pricing has not yet been released, it is expected that the iPhone XR will cost some R4,000 less than the flagship iPhone XS.
The iPhone XS, released in South Africa in September, costs R22,000 for the 64GB version, R25,000 for the 256GB version, and R30,000 for the 512GB version.
Similar to the candy colours of the cheaper iPhone 5C, the iPhone XR will be available in six colours: blue, yellow, red, black, white and coral.
It is the first time in five years that Apple has released a range of iPhones in an array of vibrant colour options.
The iPhone XS and XS Max are available in silver, space grey, and a new gold option.
The iPhone XR has the same basic design as Apple’s flagship iPhone XS with many of the same high-end features such as facial recognition and the new A12 Bionic chip.
The iPhone XR does has a slightly larger screen than the iPhone XS at 15.5cm. It has an LCD screen instead of the OLED screen in the XS.
The iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max all feature the same 12-megapixel wide-angle lens on the back, and most of the same features, like optical image stabilisation, Smart HDR, portrait mode, and more.
The only difference is how the phones zoom.The iPhone XR lacks a telephoto lens, so it can only achieve 3x digital zoom.
The iPhone XS and XS Max both do have a telephoto lens, so those phones can achieve 2x optical zoom, and then a 6x digital zoom on top of that. But unless you're using your camera's zoom a lot, the iPhone XR camera experience will be nearly identical to that on the iPhone XS.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- There's a huge new update to Windows 10 that's going out — here are the 9 best new features and upgrades
- This is how far R100 in petrol will get you in some of SA’s most popular cars – the winner surprised us
- 14 things you say that will automatically ruin your chances in a job interview
- SA’s advertising authority files for liquidation – and promises an immediate replacement
- Buy a new car - government’s top tip to beat the fuel hike