What your handwriting says about you
- Your handwriting says a lot about your personality.
- For example, if you write large letters, it could mean you are people oriented, whereas small letters could mean you are introverted.
- Business Insider spoke to master graphologist, Kathi McKnight, who analyses handwriting for personality traits, to figure out what these details in your handwriting mean.
Your handwriting reveals much more than you might imagine.
There's a whole science behind analysing handwriting for personality traits called graphology, which has been around since the days of Aristotle. Today, it's used for a variety of purposes, from criminal investigations to understanding your health. Some employers even use handwriting analysis to screen potential employees for compatibility.
Business Insider talked to master graphologist Kathi McKnight about what the seemingly insignificant details in your writing say about you. "Just from analysing your handwriting, experts can find over 5,000 personality traits," she says.
McKnight readily admits that the information she provides below is a basic overview, so it won't apply to everyone in every situation. Yet these factors can show you aspects about yourself that you may not have considered before.
Try writing out a sentence. We suggest: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." Then, keep reading to see what your handwriting says about you.
Size of letters and words
Connections of letters
- This start-up is delivering mogodu and chicken feet takeaways to Joburg's northern suburbs
- Many South Africans are now organising their lives with bullet journals. Here's how it works
- This South African couple travels the world for a living