We found hotdogs and chocolates for under R5 at Shoprite - here are some of the cheapest deals
Shoprite this week said that 13,000 of its products are currently cheaper than a year ago – and 1,000 of its products are now below R5.
“The Shoprite Group is making sure that financially-pressed customers can afford to eat, even if they have just R5 in their pockets,” the company said in a statemnt.
We visited our local Shoprite store to find out what shoppers can get for R5:
This 300g loaf of white bread was on sale for R4.99
There were a number of “deli” meals below R5, including:
A chicken hotdog for R3.99
Egg and tomato sandwiches for R4.00
Muffins and koesisters from R3.29
These were the grocery items we found for less than R5:
There was some fresh produce for less than R5:
These chocolate bars were on sale for R4.99.
There were also a couple of coffee options:
Other deals for below R5 include 50g Pot O’ Gold peanut butter, 150g Morvite porridge and 50g Knorr chicken soup.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- After spending 5 years studying millionaires, I've found that there are 3 types of people who end up the wealthiest
- SA is probably in a recession - and our recovery will be very noisy
- The tech bosses of Vodacom and Discovery swear by these productivity apps - here's why
- The 9 biggest rand crashes - from the global financial crisis to the Turkey slump
- These are the 5 best new logos in South Africa right now — including one for Afrikaans underwear
- The best answer to 'What's your greatest weakness?' in a job interview comes down to two parts