Watch: This smart planter transforms your houseplant into a virtual pet and can tell you what it feels
- For more stories, go to www.businessinisder.co.za.
This smart planter turns your plant into a virtual pet, making growing houseplants a breeze.
Unlike your pet Tamagotchi, Lua measures everything from soil moisture to light exposure and temperature to ensure your houseplant is happy. It then turns the results into easy-to-understand faces using its 2.4in LCD screen. The smart planter triggers 15 different emotions that tell you how your plant is feeling. Making it incredibly difficult for any notorious plant killer to fail becoming 'green fingered'.
Some of its stranger moods include vampire mode: when Lua turns into a vampire if it is not exposed to light enough. Lua is also able to detect motion and wakes up when it picks up when your dog runs by.
It comes with an app where you can load the type of plant and track its success.
Created by Vivien Muller of Mu Design, the smart planter is nearing the end of its Indiegogo campaign, a tech crowdfunding website, where you can pre-order one for R1,537. The company hopes to begin shipping their ingenious smart planters by December 2019.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Why Cyril Ramaphosa’s land reform panel loves individual ownership of farms – and thinks group-farming is a quick way to make people poor
- These stunning satellite images show South Africa's largest dams filling up
- Take a look: A Joburg mall built a massive aquarium in the middle of its food court
- SA's private hospitals have been hit by a mysterious and deadly fungal infection that is spreading across the globe, and no one knows how to stop it
- A major landlord just sent a worrying signal about Edgars’ future – but says the chain is actually doing fine
- There is a 90% chance Boris Johnson will break his 'no-deal' Brexit promise, according to these numbers