Watch: This could be the quietest and safest airplane ever built
- Volerian aims to develop the quietest – and safest – aircraft ever created.
- The aircraft's design uses flapping-wing aerodynamics.
- The concept aircraft is also able to perform both vertical takeoffs and landings.
Volerian says its propulsion system can be used in most situations where a propeller or fan could not. The system is also supposedly cheaper to manufacture and much quieter and safer than any fan or propeller technology.
The concept vehicle is able to perform both vertical takeoff and landings or VTOL for short.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- We shopped at Yuppiechef’s new physical stores in SA malls – here's how their shops differ from other retailers
- South Africa has the world’s biggest 3D printer – and it takes up to R7.5 million in titanium powder to fill it
- Women may get standing-style urinals in SA malls following a successful trial
- These Joburg offices now have farms inside them — and workers get to harvest lunch
- The 18 biggest mistakes you can make on your tax return this year