Watch: California police put Robocop on patrol in park
A Southern California police force is welcoming a robot to the department.
Huntington Park police say "HP RoboCop" will provide 360-degree high-definition video footage.
The department said the blue-and-white rolling robot serves as an extra set of eyes for areas such as parks and buildings that police might not have time to patrol.
HP RoboCop has been helping patrol a park in the Los Angeles suburb for several weeks since it was previewed at a 5 kilometre run last month.
HP RoboCop even has its own Twitter page:
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- South Africans with debt will probably save on lower interest rates soon – but don’t start spending just yet
- Chicken Licken is finally on Uber Eats – so we paid R10 to have ours driven 500 metres and avoid the winter chill
- These R2,000 goth Crocs combine punk and comfort
- The US is sending 1,000 more troops to the Middle East to confront Iran after the recent tanker attacks
- Here’s what it costs to buy into some of SA’s hottest franchises: Sorbet, Universal Paints, and Kids Emporium
- US officials are reportedly keeping Trump in the dark about a cyber operation against Russia because they're afraid he'll leak it to foreign officials