Watch: This German brand unveiled a 'smart jacket' that glows in the dark and turns your clothes into a light show
A 'smart jacket' has been unveiled at a textile trade show in Germany that is well and truly lit.
The smart digital light system that can be linked to various components: fashion apparel; consumer goods; tools; as well as sport and wellness products.
The ‘smart lights’ are lightweight, robust and can even be washed. What’s more they can interact wirelessly with smartphones and other smart devices.
Besides being an eye-catching fashionable item, they have brought out this wearable jacket that incorporates the lights. During the day it looks like an ordinary hoodie, at night it lights up - an important safety aspect for spotting pedestrians walking in the dark.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Huawei is being locked out of Android – here’s what that means for South African users
- Standard Bank’s former head office has been standing empty for years – as SA banks struggle with a building conundrum
- Boris Johnson's long list of gaffes, offensive comments and controversies
- 11 people reportedly killed in shooting at a bar in Brazil
- H&M is part of one of the biggest fashion retailers in the world. Meet the other brands it owns.
- California is having an unprecedented earthquake drought. The next big one could come at any moment.