This phone's pop-up selfie camera has more megapixels than the main cameras on most smartphones
That pop-up camera itself has more megapixels than most rear smartphone cameras, clocking in at 32 megapixels. Indeed, most smartphone cameras these days only offer about 12 megapixels, which is less than half than that of the V15 Pro's selfie camera.
On the back of the phone, the V15 Pro's triple-lens rear camera has a huge 48 megapixel count for its main lens, 8 megapixels for its secondary lens, and a 5-megapixel depth sensor for enhancing portrait mode shots.
While the megapixel count is impressive, it doesn't necessarily translate to good photos. There are several other factors like software and the quality of the camera components that make the biggest difference in photo quality. But it certainly doesn't hurt.
Vivo will be announcing the V15 Pro officially with more details about the phone on February 20. That's the same day as Samsung's Unpacked event, where the Galaxy S10 is expected to be announced.
You can check out a short video of the Vivo V15 Pro below:
For more go to Business Insider South Africa.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Netflorist was started by accident - now SA’s oldest online store gets 730,000 orders a year
- The 6 best businesses to start this year - including vegan snacks and African haircare
- This new storm and wave predictor can save SA business billions - and help surfers catch the perfect wave
- We sent chocolate eggs to test courier services and the winner shocked us senseless
- 17 key announcements in the State of the Nation address - including the new eVisa and free tablets
- SA's finance authority now wants short sellers to openly report their bets
new storm and wave predictor can save SA business billions - and help surfers
catch the perfect wave