Shocking videos capture massive explosion that just rocked Beirut
- A massive explosion shook the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on Tuesday.
- The cause of the blast that originated near the city's port was not immediately known, but Lebanon's national news agency said it may have been caused by a fire at a fireworks warehouse.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
A massive explosion and blast wave shook the Lebanese capital city of Beirut on Tuesday.
Videos of the huge blast, the exact cause of which has yet to be determined, quickly surfaced on social media.
Lebanon's National New Agency reported that a fire broke out at a fireworks warehouse, suggesting this may have triggered the explosion.
The extent of the damage is currently unknown.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Namibia should have a huge pile of cigarettes. Mysteriously, they are nowhere to be found.
- Have you tried to quit? SA to take part in a big tobacco survey ahead of planned new restrictions
- Nasa says never again after a Trump-flagged boat approached SpaceX’s splashed down ship
- TikTok is at the heart of a wild geopolitical fight. Here's what's going on.
- Low interest rates suck for savers, but you still have options
- Electricity prices are going up by 15% next year – here’s how it affects you