Terrifying passenger video captures severe turbulence that threw a flight attendant into the ceiling
- A passenger captured video of severe turbulence that left 10 with minor injuries and threw a flight attendant and her drink cart into the ceiling.
- The flight was traveling from Pristina, Kosovo, to Basel Switzerland, on Sunday.
- ALK Airlines said the turbulence was expected, and the flight attendant was trying to "collect all drinks and full glasses from passengers" before it occurred.
- Visit Business Insider for more stories.
A passenger captured terrifying video of turbulence that left 10 injured and threw a flight attendant and her drink cart into the ceiling. The flight was travelling from Pristina, Kosovo, to Basel Switzerland, on Sunday.The 30-second video showed passengers being thrust forward before a flight attendant and her cart were thrown into the ceiling due to the turbulence, drenching those nearby. Some passengers told ABC News that they were burned by hot water from the cart, and a woman appears to be praying as the plane continues to shake.
Frightening passenger video captured severe turbulence that sent a flight attendant and her drink cart into the ceiling during a flight from Kosovo to Switzerland.
According to a EuroAirport spokesperson, the flight with airline ALK experienced turbulence around 20 minutes before landing. The spokesperson told ABC News that 10 people sustained minor injuries in the incident, and they were dispatched to local hospitals once the plane landed in Basel. "The pilot alerted handling agents so that the airport firemen were immediately on the scene when the plane arrived," the spokesperson said.ALK Airlines said to ABC News that they expected the turbulence, and the flight attendant was trying to "collect all drinks and full glasses from passengers" before it occurred, ABC News reported. ALK Airlines told ABC News that the flight attendant in the video is in "absolutely good health."
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Here’s what it costs to buy into some of SA’s hottest franchises: Sorbet, Universal Paints, and Kids Emporium
- US officials are reportedly keeping Trump in the dark about a cyber operation against Russia because they're afraid he'll leak it to foreign officials
- This is how much it will cost you to open your own petrol station
- Elon Musk said he deleted his Twitter account. He has not.
- Airbus leapt ahead of Boeing in an untapped market by launching a smaller plane for long-haul flights
- 11 red flags you're about to get your hair done at a bad salon