This video is going viral for showing dozens of salmon crossing a busy road
- A Facebook video shows dozens of large salmon crossing a highway in Skokomish River Valley, Washington.
- The fish are seen furiously swimming across the road at unbelievable speeds, dodging incoming traffic and travelling in groups of two or three.
Salmon are known for trekking across waterfalls during their spawning season – but you'd think crossing a highway is unusual.
But this is apparently a common sight along the Skokomish River in Washington state in the US, as shared by KIRO 7 News in Seattle and taped by Alexis Leonard.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa
- Discovery Vitality made a massive R603 million profit last year – as members fail to use their perks
- South Africa is five times bigger than the UK - here's how our size compares to other countries
- This is the only one of South Africa’s 72 entry points where environment officials check for alien creatures - and those that sneak through cost us billions
- Half of richer, online South Africans want to buy cryptocurrencies – here’s what’s holding them back
- Malusi Gigaba's sex tape is trending on the world's biggest porn site
- An overnight British Airways flight turned into a 77-hour nightmare journey for over 200 people
- BP says ‘everybody that is anyone’ in SA has made environmental ‘mistakes’ – and their confessions shouldn’t be held against them