Watch Jeremy Corbyn blank Boris Johnson in a tense encounter before the Queen's Speech
- Jeremy Corbyn was filmed blanking Boris Johnson as the pair walked through Parliament on Thursday morning.
- The Labour Party leader was caught on camera seemingly refusing to respond to the prime minister as they made their way to the House of Lords for the Queen's Speech.
- The Queen announced the Conservative government's legislative agenda after Johnson comfortably defeated Corbyn's Labour at last week's general election.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Jeremy Corbyn was caught on camera blanking Prime Minister Boris Johnson in an awkward encounter ahead of the Queen's Speech on Thursday.
Johnson and Labour Party leader Corbyn walked to the House of Lords alongside each other, in accordance with Britain's parliamentary tradition, prior to the Queen announcing the UK government's legislative agenda. However, Corbyn - who is set to resign as Labour leader in the next few weeks after losing last week's general election - appeared to blank to Johnson's attempt at conversation as they walked through the Houses of Parliament.The footage appears to show Corbyn ignoring Johnson and seemingly refusing to speak to him. The only word he says to the prime minister is "careful" when trying to navigate a crowd of people.
Here is the video:
In her speech to Parliament, the Queen said that Johnson's government would prioritize delivering Brexit in January, pumping more money in the National Health Service, and extra money for schools and neglected high streets. Johnson's Conservatives triumphed in last week's general election, securing an 80-seat House of Commons majority.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Everything you need to know about US president Donald Trump's impeachment process: What's happened, who the players are, and what comes next
- A pregnant python, which weighs 33kgs and is 4 metres long, has been rescued from a luxury KZN estate
- We compared mince pies from Checkers, Pick n Pay, Spar, and Woolworths – and we have a new champion and one clear loser
- Shocking footage caught tons of plastic crashing in the waves off Durban following heavy rains
- A dad makes his daughter hilarious posters when he picks her up from the airport, and the internet is loving it
- Airbnb has just added isiZulu, isiXhosa and Kiswahili - here’s what gets translated and what stays in English.
- Famed design house MaXhosa just opened its first ever retail store – but you may have to wait 7 days for stuff you buy to arrive