A video shows a US family rescuing a bear swimming with a jug stuck on its head
- A US family was boating on Marshmiller Lake in Chippewa County, Wisconsin, over the weekend and stumbled across a small bear that was struggling to swim with what appeared to be a ball jar stuck on its head.
- Trisha and Brian Hurt started following the small bear in their boat, trying to intercept its swim to shore, so they could remove the empty container from its head.
- A video that Tricia Hurt shared on Facebook, which has been viewed more than 595,000 times, shows the jar was filling with water as the bear swam.
- After two attempts, Brian was able to pull it off and the bear continued its journey to land.
- "We saved our little bear," Tricia Hurt called out, after the bear was freed. "Swim happy."
- "Good job, buddy," Brian Hurt said.
- Visit Business Insider SA's homepage for more stories.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- This year, SARS may ‘auto-assess’ your tax return – here’s what you need to know
- Eskom's load reduction may hit your area - here's how it works
- Fast-food deliveries in townships: These young entrepreneurs are cornering the market