- Polls have closed in the UK general election, and exit polls suggest the Tories will win 368 seats, compared to Labour's 191.
- The final tally is expected by 6:00 a.m. on Friday morning, according to the BBC.
- This marks a huge victory for Boris Johnson, who leads the Conservative party, ahead of a fast-approaching Brexit deadline which has been extended by the EU to January 31, 2020.
- Check back for updates as more election results and front pages roll in.
- Visit Business Insider's home page for more stories.
Polls have closed in the UK general election, and exit polls suggest Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative party will win 368 seats, compared to Labour's 191.
This marks a huge victory for Johnson, who leads the Conservative party, ahead of a fast-approaching Brexit deadline which has been extended by the EU to January 31, 2020.
The final tally was expected by 06:00 on Friday morning, according to the BBC.
Here are how major newspapers in the UK are announcing the election results.
The Daily Mirror:
The Times 13/12/2019
Boris Johnson and Dilyn the dog after Tory leader cast his vote in London yesterday. The 10pm exit poll predicted he would beÂ swept back to Downing Street. Photo : Rob Pinney/LNP#tomorrowspaperstoday #thetimes @thetimes pic.twitter.com/ZzRAzUoTgd — The Times Pictures (@TimesPictures) December 12, 2019
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Wet coal (five years ago) and Cahora Bassa: here are all the reasons Eskom has volunteered for load shedding since 2014
- 6 times Cyril Ramaphosa promised progress on Eskom – and stressed its urgent importance – including in 2015
- Want a loan to install solar panels at your home or business? Here's what the banks are offering
- The UK could be heading for another hung parliament as Boris Johnson's poll lead over Labour halves
- Bonaqua are now making water bottles made entirely from recycled plastic - and it comes from your trash
- Jack Black forgot he was in 'The Holiday' when asked what his favourite Christmas movie was