SA’s most popular pizza toppings: Bloem likes chicken, Joburg prefers plain
- Though healthy meal orders have gone up by 71% on Uber Eats, there are still some people who are not afraid to indulge a little.
- Burger and pizza orders remain a firm favourite according to Uber Eats.
- Bloemfontein likes chicken on its pizza, but Johannesburg, Cape Town and Polokwane prefer a plain Margherita.
- For more article, go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
Bloemfontein likes chicken on its pizza, but Johannesburg, Cape Town and Polokwane prefer a plain Margherita.
Durban and Port Elizabeth prefer meatier toppings, according to Uber Eats, which released its latest figures on fast food orders in South Africa.
The most popular go-to fast food across the country remains burgers though. Original beef burgers are most poular in Johannesburg, Pretoria, Polokwane and Port Elizabeth. Cheese burgers win the race in Durban, Bloemfontein and Cape Town.
Uber Eats general manager, Ailyssa Pretorius, also says healthy meal orders on the platform have increased by 71% during the country's national lockdown to curb the spread of Covid-19.
Poke bowls - in various flavour combinations - were the most-ordered healthier item.
"With gyms closed and home workouts buffering, maintaining a robust lifestyle has become increasingly difficult," Pretorius told Business Insider earlier this month.
See also: Poke bowls, mushroom stir fry top takeaway orders as South Africans ditch unhealthier options
The most popular items ordered during lockdown include:
- Chicken Wings
- Chicken Sweet Corn Soup
- Poke Bowls
- Original Beef Burger
- Margherita Pizza
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- SA hit as hackers target hospitals during Covid-19 crisis - here's what Life may be facing
- CrossFit clubs in SA to ditch US brand after George Floyd comments
- SA has to fix Eskom to survive the Covid-19 aftermath, the OECD says
- A SA designer made R2,000 Swarovski-embellished masks – and they sold out
- Denel wants urgent help to do lifestyle audits covering more than 7,800 employees and suppliers
- South Africans in a froth as Nespresso hikes prices by R2 a capsule