Trump went on another rambling rant about dishwashers and lightbulbs that make you 'look orange'
- US President Donald Trump ranted - again - about what he said was the effect of efficiency standards on appliances like dishwashers, lightbulbs, toilets, and showers, at his Tuesday rally in Milwaukee.
- Trump took aim at "new" dishwashers, and said they meant you sometimes need to wash your dishes "10 times." He then asked the crowd: "Anybody have a new dishwasher? I'm sorry for that."
- He also lamented what he said were weaker showers in the modern age, adding: "I have this beautiful head of hair, I need a lot of water.
- The president also said energy-efficient lightbulbs "make you look orange."
- Many of his complaints echoed previous grievances, which have resulted in him taking steps like rolling back standards on energy-saving light bulbs.
- View Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
US President Donald Trump used some of his speech during a rally in Milwaukee on Tuesday to go on a bizarre rant about "worthless" new dishwashers, weaker showers, and lightbulbs that make you "look orange."
At the same time as his Democratic presidential rivals debated on the CNN stage, Trump appeared to take aim at Department of Energy regulations for the energy efficiency of appliances.
He said to cheers from the crowd: "I'm also approving new dishwashers that give you more water so you can actually wash and rinse your dishes without having to do it 10 times - five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10."
"Anybody have a new dishwasher? I'm sorry for that. I'm sorry for that, it's worthless. They give you so little water. You ever see it? Air comes out. So little water."
He claimed that people are forced to take plates out and wash them "the old fashioned way."
And other water-using appliances were also on Trump's list of grievances: "Sinks, toilets, and showers - you don't get any water," he said.
"You go into a shower -and I have this beautiful head of hair, I need a lot of water," he said, to a cheer from the crowd.
"And you go into the shower, right? You turn on the water. Drip. Drip. Drip. I call the guy: 'Is there something wrong with this?' 'No sir, it's just the restrictor.'"
"We're getting rid of the restrictors, you're gonna have full shower flow," he said.
Trump also expressed frustration with lightbulbs, saying: "The new lightbulb costs you five times as much and it makes you look orange."
His comments came as a continuation of previous attacks on more-efficient lightbulbs.
Trump rolled back Obama-era standards on energy saving light bulbs in December, stopping a phase out of older incandescent bulbs.
He had also blamed the efficient bulbs for making him look orange, in September that: 'The bulb that we're being forced to use! No 1, to me, most importantly, the light's no good. I always look orange. And so do you! The light is the worst."
His comments on dishwashers were also a repetition of earlier grievances.
In December, Trump criticized regulators for what he said was poor performance by new dishwasher models: "Remember the dishwasher? You'd press it, boom! There'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up, the steam pours out."
He said that "women" told him it was no longer the same.
"Now you press it 12 times. Women tell me ..." he said. "You know, they give you four drops of water."