One of London's Trump Baby blimps has been stabbed
- An England-based supporter of President Donald Trump stabbed a Trump Baby blimp flying in London to protest his UK visit on Tuesday.
- A spokesperson for Trump Baby UK said the blimp that was stabbed was a smaller replica of the 6-meterTrump Baby blimp that flew above Parliament Square Tuesday morning.
- In video of the incident, the Trump supporter called Trump "the best president ever."
- It's unclear if the blimp will be repaired.
- RIP blimp.
- Visit Business Insider SA for more stories.
A Trump Baby blimp flown in London to protest the president's UK visit was stabbed on Tuesday.
An England-based supporter of President Donald Trump, identified by The Hill as Amy Dallamura and as Based Amy on Twitter, filmed herself approaching and stabbing the blimp as a "birthday present" to herself on Tuesday.
"That's a disgrace," Dallamura shouted as she stabbed the blimp. "It's a national disgrace. The president of the United States is the best president ever!"
A spokesperson for Trump Baby UK told The Independent that the stabbing happened outside the House of Commons.
The spokesman said the blimp that was stabbed was a smaller replica of the 6-meter Trump Baby blimp that flew above Parliament Square Tuesday morning.
The smaller blimp is used to carry throughout protesting crowds.
"A woman … punctured the mini Trump baby replica with a sharp object," the spokesman said. "It's not surprising that the far right would want to meet freedom of expression with violence."
In video of the incident, Dallamura was led away from police officers after the incident.
A spokesperson for Scotland Yard told The Independent: "One female has been arrested for being in possession of a pointed or bladed article."
It remains unclear what she stabbed the blimp with, but she said she cut herself during the ordeal.
It's unclear if the blimp will be repaired. The larger Trump baby blimp is on its way to another protest, its organizers told The Independent.
"We've had a fantastic day with Baby Trump in front of the world's media and the president himself," said a spokesman. "The actual Trump Baby is on his way to Dublin as we speak to be ready to troll Trump on his next destination."
This isn't the first time Dallamura has made headlines. In 2007 she threatened to commit suicide by throwing herself into the sea on multiple occasions, reportedly costing rescue workers more than one million pounds, according to the BBC.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The National Credit Regulator tried to ‘protect fraudsters’ from Sars and the big banks – but the appeals court isn't keen
- Another SA company has admitted its financials are wrong - what you need to know about the crisis at Tongaat Hulett
- South Africans can now get banned from Uber for being rude to drivers – here’s what we know so far
- A 260km trip to the bank: here’s how hard Standard Bank’s branch closures will hit the Northern Cape, Free State, and other provinces