Trump asked photographers to make him and Kim Jong Un look 'nice, handsome, and thin'
- President Donald Trump jokingly asked reporters to make him and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un look "nice, handsome, and thin."
- Trump and Kim met on Tuesday for a historic diplomatic summit.
President Donald Trump instructed photographers to make him and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un look "nice, handsome, and thin" after their working lunch during the summit in Singapore on Tuesday.
"Very nice. Getting a good picture everybody, so we look nice and handsome and thin? Beautiful. Perfect," Trump said.
The working lunch was the final part of the summit between Trump and Kim. It followed a public greeting, one-on-one meeting, and expanded bilateral meeting.
Also present from the US delegation were White House chief of staff John Kelly, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, national security advisor John Bolton, press secretary Sarah Sanders, ambassador Sung Kim, and National Security Council Asia Director Matt Pottinger.
While there were translators present, it's likely Kim understands much more English than he lets on, according to one of his former high school teachers.
Watch the full exchange here:
- Drive-thrus are worth 40% more than mall stores for Burger King in South Africa – at least until the economy turns
- This is the average age of South African home buyers – and it is much older than a decade ago
- Scientists are shocked at the sudden death of most of Africa’s largest baobabs
- At R50 for 1 gig, this is SA’s cheapest data network. It took us 6 minutes to sign up
- IMF: Clouds over the global economy are 'darker by the day'