SA gets its first dedicated SMEG store. Where you can buy a R1.3m fridge.
- SA got its first dedicated SMEG appliance store, based in Constantia, Cape Town.
- The SMEG store will be open seven days a week and will offer a wide range of products.
- The high-end Italian appliance brand has been in SA for a while and has several showrooms in the country.
- As part of a fun shopping experience, the store will also host cooking demonstrations.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za
South Africa got its first stand-alone SMEG store this month when appliance chain, Hirsch's Homestore Group opened the shop in the Old Village in the Constantia Shopping Centre, Cape Town.
Though the high-end Italian appliance brand has been in SA for a while, and has several showrooms in the country, this is the first time its wares can be found in a dedicated store.
The concept of having a store dedicated to selling one brand is nothing new said Margaret Hirsch, executive director of the Hirsch's Homestore Group. She said the chain had successfully run several Samsung Concept stores in SA since 2011 and was now looking to replicate this success with SMEG.
The SMEG store will be open seven days a week and will offer a wide range of products, such as its Dolce and Gabbana branded retro fridge, which costs R1,3 million. The accompanying toaster sells for just R12,300.
Aside from the Dolce and Gabbana range, it also sells its popular FAB range of fridges and small appliances in various colours, freestanding cookers, as well as a small laundry range.
The store, however, will be no mere showroom noted Hirsch.
"We plan to make our customers' shopping experience fun and exciting and will have regular cooking demonstrations instore. We look forward to welcoming the community to the store with a coffee brewed in, you guessed it, a wonderful SMEG coffee machine," she said.
Get the best of our site emailed to you every weekday.
Go to the Business Insider front page for more stories.