These are South Africa’s 10 best-paying jobs right now – with salaries over R6 million a year
- A new report has found that top-paying jobs in South Africa start at salaries of R1.8 million a year – with the highest earners bringing in up to R6 million a year.
- Seven of the top ten earning jobs are in the financial and logistics industries.
- With South Africa expected to see an economic recovery in 2019, salaries are expected to rise.
Salaries for the top ten jobs in South Africa starts at R1.8 million a year, with the highest earners bringing up to R6 million a year, a new report says.
The South Africa Salary Survey 2019, by specialist recruitment agency Michael Page Africa, released this week, found that the financial and logistics industries accounted for seven of the ten top-paying careers.
The remainder are human resource managers, sales directors, and heads of marketing.
Lars Fischer, Michael Page Africa Operating director, said potential employees with niche skills sets or relevant experience are able to command higher salaries in South Africa.
South Africa’s labour market was unpredictable in 2018, he said, predominantly due to South Africa’s still short economic recovery following a recession, and unemployment rising to 2017 levels.
“With the economic stimulus package announced [by President Cyril Ramaphosa] in September 2018 and a heightened commitment to attract foreign investment, we are expecting a positive economic impact on the GDP growth and the unemployment rate for 2019,” Fischer said in a statement.
This will likely push up salaries towards 2020.
Based on the information provided by Michael Page Africa, these are the top-earning jobs in SA, ranked by average salaries expected rather than top salaries paid.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Europe's mightiest river is drying up, most likely causing a recession in Germany. Yes, really.
- Foreign direct investment in SA rocketed by 446% in 2018 - these were the hottest sectors
- Wild rally in SA's gold giants after 'mega merger' report
- You can change your voter registration details online in under five minutes - here's how
- Hundreds of SA’s premier racehorses to go on auction in Cape Town, R50,000 gets you a starting bid