- The majority of South Africa's top beaches – counting by Google Street View clicks – are near Cape Town.
- Google put together most-viewed data to celebrate Street View's 15th birthday.
- Boulders Beach, famous for its penguins, is the top South African beach destination on Street View.
- The Wild Coast's spectacular Hole in the Wall came second.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
On the internet, or at least Google's popular Street View service, just about all of South Africa's top beaches are within easy driving distance of Cape Town.
Google this week released most-viewed data for some types of attractions in celebration of the 15th anniversary of Street View, which revolutionised mapping – and armchair travel – by capturing photos of roads and, later, footpaths.
The service also integrates user photos of some of the most scenic places and tourist hotspots in the world.
South Africa, with its long and often spectacular coastline, has many popular beaches on the service. But stretches that may rate highly for South Africans, such as the West Coast and Wild Coast, are not popular online, Google's list shows.
Instead it is beaches close to Cape Town that dominate the top ten.
These are South Africa's top 10 beaches – by how many clicks they got on Google Street View.