This is the cheapest iPhone XR contract in South Africa - and it includes free WhatsApp calling
Apple’s cheapest iPhone - the colourful iPhone XR - was released in South Africa at the end of October, and starts at R15,999 for the 64GB version.
The iPhone XR costs nearly R6,000 less than Apple’s premium iPhone XS, and R8,000 cheaper than the larger iPhone XS Max.
It has the same basic screen design as Apple’s flagship iPhone XS with many of the same high-end features such as facial recognition and the new A12 Bionic chip.
The iPhone XR, however, has a slightly larger screen than the iPhone XS at 15.5cm, and has an LCD screen instead of the XS’s vibrant OLED screen.
Greg Joswiak, Apple’s vice president of product marketing, recently told Reuters that the iPhone XR is currently Apple’s “most mainstream product and our most popular iPhone.”
Telkom offers the cheapest iPhone XR contract in South Africa, starting at R749 per month which includes 1GB data, up to 2GB Whatsapp calling and messaging and 50 free SMS’es per day.
For R50 more, you can get the iPhone XR with 2GB data at Telkom with the added benefit of 10GB music streaming on Apple Music, Google Play Music and Simfy Africa,
Business Insider South Africa compared the cheapest contract prices for the iPhone XR 64 GB at South Africa's four largest cellular networks:
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- 6 things you didn't know about the man who has to save KPMG SA
- Is SA going to hell in a handbasket? The short answer is no.
- A massive new solar power station has come to life in the South African desert
- Amid a war over Burger King’s South African owner, this investor says Dunkin’ Donuts and Baskin-Robbins should be shut down
- A third of this JSE-listed mall owner was wiped out in an hour - here's what happened