This Russian-made Mustang look-alike is really a Tesla Model S in disguise — take a closer look
- Aviar Motors is a Russian electric-vehicle startup that's building what it calls the "quickest muscle car on the road."
- The R67, as it's called, sports a carbon-fiber body that looks just like a late-1960s Mustang.
- Behind that retro facade, however, you'll find the electric motors, gearboxes, and battery of a Tesla Model S.
- Aviar says the R67 has 840 horsepower, a range of 800km, and a ridiculous 0-to-100-kph time of 2.2 seconds.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Drivers in the market for a quick electric car with a Mustang badge can get one straight from the manufacturer in the form of the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E crossover. But if you're looking for a battery-powered sports car that's a bit more true to the original Mustangs of the 1960s, one electric-vehicle startup may have your answer.
Aviar Motors, a Russian company, is developing a two-seater that fits that exact niche. Dubbed the R67, the car blends old-school looks with modern technology and performance. It bears an uncanny resemblance to the 1967 Mustang fastback, but shares nearly all of its guts with the Tesla Model S.
Promising 840 horsepower and a 0-to-100-kph time of 2.2 seconds, Aviar claims its R67 will be the "quickest muscle car on the road." We'll have to wait and see just how quick the R67 truly is, but for now, you can learn a bit more about it below.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa: