These are the 5 best new logos in South Africa right now — including one for Afrikaans underwear
- The judging panel of the Loeries, the African and Middle East advertising and brand awards, have announced the seven finalists in the logo category.
- The logos range from one for an Afrikaans lingerie line to a five-star eco resort among others.
- The winning logo will be announced at the weekend.
The Loeries, the advertising and brand awards for Africa and the Middle East, will be held this weekend in Durban.
Ad agencies and markerters will be vying for creativity awards in various categories, one of which is the best logo design in SA.
The Loeries judging panel has announced seven finalists for best-designed logo in the brand identity and collateral design category.
Logos were judged on whether they communicate the identity and character of the products and/or services, or of the company itself, to consumers at first glance.
Here are the 5 best new logos in SA right now
Boerenmeisje is a locally designed, printed and manufactured lingerie brand, "specifically made for modern boerenmeisjes" who like a naughty frill in the night.
Created by: Joe Republic Shift.
National is a security company, formerly known as Chubb and provides intruder detection alarms, armed response services, access control systems, CCTV, guarding, fire detection and extinguishing systems.
Created by: Grid Worldwide
Africa's Travel Indaba
Africa's Travel Indaba is the continent's largest travel trade show.
Created by: FCB Joburg
Mr D food
Formerly known as Mr Delivery, Mr D is one of SA's go-to food delivery services.
Created by: M&C Saatchi Abel.
Equilibrium is a audiology practice in Melrose North, Johannesburg.
Created by: Switch Brand SA.
Other contenders for the logo award include the designers (TBWA, REKLAM and HIZMETLERI A.S.) of the logo for the Fear and Fantasy Festival, an event in Turkey:
The South African-based designer Xfacta is also a finalist for a logo created for Miavana, a five-star luxury eco resort in Madagascar.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- The 9 biggest rand crashes - from the global financial crisis to the Turkey slump
- We visited a Checkers some say threatens Woolworths – and found R36/kg chicken sharing an aisle with R1,300/kg salmon
- Poaching your former colleagues could end up costing you more than R280,000 following a key court ruling
- Budget private school group Curro now has more than 50,000 pupils in 57 schools – and it’s making a killing
- UCook, SA's largest meal kit provider, plans brick-and-mortar stores – and R80 million turnover soon