Watch: Stunning drone footage reveals the simple life on the world’s most densely packed island
A tiny island off the Caribbean coast of Columbia is the most densely populated island in the world.
500 people living have made this man-made football field sized island their home.
Santa Cruz del Islote is located on the archipelago of San Bernado in a protected marine reserve and was built on a coral platform by pioneers 150 years ago.
It’s powered by a generator and two solar power stations.
Their main source of income is tourism where thousands of travellers come to walk its four main streets.
The locals built two swimming pool-sized aquariums to attract visitors, because they have no beaches.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- After spending 5 years studying millionaires, I've found that there are 3 types of people who end up the wealthiest
- SA is probably in a recession - and our recovery will be very noisy
- The tech bosses of Vodacom and Discovery swear by these productivity apps - here's why
- The 9 biggest rand crashes - from the global financial crisis to the Turkey slump
- These are the 5 best new logos in South Africa right now — including one for Afrikaans underwear
- The best answer to 'What's your greatest weakness?' in a job interview comes down to two parts