The most expensive streets in KZN, where average house prices are more than R10 million
- There are ten streets in KwaZulu-Natal with average house prices of more than R10 million.
- The priciest street is Michel Avenue in Umhlanga Rocks.
- Umhlanga ranks among South Africa's top-ten highest valued suburbs.
- For more, go to Business Insider SA.
Residential property prices in KwaZulu-Natal have been lagging behind the rest of the country.
The latest numbers from the property research group Lightstone shows that house prices in the province rose by only 2.8% in the past year, compared to the national average of 3.4%.
Still, the province has no shortage of high-value properties. Measured by the total value of its properties, Umhlanga ranks among South Africa's top ten highest valued suburbs - along with other areas like Bryanston, Midstream, Rondebosch and Fresnaye.
Here are the most expensive streets in KZN:
1. Michel Avenue, Umhlanga Rocks, Umhlanga. Average property price: R12.2 million
This 6-bedroom house in Michal Avenue is currently on the market for R16.5 million. It overlooks the Oppenheimer Estate which has indigenous forests, and offers "multi-layered" security.
2. Driftwood Drive, Zimbali, Ballito. Average property price: R11.9 million
3. Hunningdon Wood Road, Mount Edgecombe, Phoenix. Average property price: R11.86 million
4. Ratna Close, Izinga, Umhlanga. Average property price: R11.3 million
5. Mahogany Drive, Zimbali, Ballito. Average property price: R11.1 million
In the market for R12.95 million, this 4-bedroom house on a 1,592 m² plot on Mahogany Drive is currently for sale:
6. Corkwood Drive, Zimbali, Ballito. Average property price: R11.08 million
7. Palmetto Place, Mount Edgecombe, Phoenix. Average property price: R11.01 million
On a 1,204 m² plot on Palmetto Place, this 5-bedroom house is currently on the market for R9.2 million:
8. Blamey Close, Clansthal, Umkomaas. Average property price: R10.8 million
9. Milkwood Drive, Zimbali, Ballito. Average property price: R10.6 million
This 7-bedroom house is in the market for R19.5 million in Milkwood Drive. The 660 square meter home is set on the front row of the estate, on the beach.
10. Vana Close, Izinga, Umhlanga. Average property price: R10.55 million
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- FNB’s eBucks will soon give you 15% back on KFC meals - as long as you aren't too rich, or too poor
- Earn less than R500,000 a year? SARS says you don't have to file returns - here's why you probably should
- A 260km trip to the bank: here’s how hard Standard Bank’s branch closures will hit the Northern Cape, Free State, and other provinces
- South African homes keep losing value – and will keep getting cheaper in real terms for at least a couple of months
- It is now cheaper to rent a home in Gauteng and the Western Cape than a year ago – here are the average prices across SA