It's payday for most South Africans and, by happy coincidence, South Africa's largest online shops have some splendid deals on offer.
The fashion online retailer Spree is offering a 30% discount on all stock (use the voucher code: SPREE30 when you check out) - 35% if you choose to shop on its app. (The discount excludes some brand names like Adidas, Aldo and Converse.) Superbalist offers 30% off all shoes, including brand favourites such as Puma, Nike and Reebok.
These are Business Insider's top online bargains for Friday:
VANS Old Skool Suede Sneakers, usually R1,199, are selling for R839.30 (R779,36 if you use the app).
Get ready for winter with South African designer Erre's must-have Fur Like Collar Wrap Coat Black is selling for R1,365 - a whopping R600 discount
Get 30% off Nike's Air Max 90 Ultra 2.0 Essential - selling for R1,259.
Reebok's Club Classic Leather Foundation is selling for R839. It usually retails for R1,199.
Philips Avent Twin Electric Breast Pump is selling for only R3,399. You can buy it elsewhere online for up to R5,599.
Panasonic's Wi-Fi Indoor/Outdoor Home Surveillance System, valued at R5,000, is selling for only R1,499 - a 70% discount.
A Nine West moody blue, dark camel & white betha medium satchel is available at nearly half its usual selling price, selling for only R879.
Get Oscar de La Renta's Extraordinary perfume for only R649. It usually sells for R1,400.
The Reebok Jet 100 Series Bike is selling for R3,999 - a R4,000 discount.
Get R1,199 off a Cielo Cantilever Umbrella - selling for R999.
Receive a single WhatsApp message every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
- These are some of South Africa's most brazen medical aid scams and schemes
- These online courses (from as little as R140) can land you a hot job in tech
- Le Creuset, which is owned by a South African, has apologised for angering its black fans
- The closest thing you can find to Wakanda in the real world is Wits, according to the world's biggest news agency
- Samsung is making some good-looking cases for your new – fragile – Galaxy S9
- South Africa will be one of the biggest beneficiaries from the new African free trade area, says Moody’s
- We tried KFC's new 'mojito' - and one ingredient was a bit overpowering
- 34 years of hard slog, and then 2 big promotions in 6 days: what we know about new acting Sars boss Mark Kingon
- Amazon is selling fake Basotho blankets in the middle of the Black Panther craze – and they are really ugly
- Cyril Ramaphosa is backing the Afro – but a single African currency may only work if it is pegged to the rand, says an economist
- The world's most expensive superyachts come with helipads, movie theaters, and swimming pools — take a look
- A medium at Woolworths? You’re actually a XXL at Mr Price. Why SA’s clothing sizes are crazy
- We compared the price of contracts that come with an iPhone X – and the winner is R1,200 a year cheaper than the rest
- These are the 5 most expensive South African wines you can buy right now – if you are willing to spend up to R5,000 per bottle
- 'World's most comfortable shoe' now made from South African invasive trees
- South Africa’s top barista showed us how to brew the perfect cup of coffee
- Use this secret weapon to improve your meetings, suggest SA academics
- An exec who invests Mark Shuttleworth’s money keeps every rejection letter he has ever received – here’s why