17 jobs paying more than R2 million in SA right now
- There are at least 17 paying jobs in South Africa that earn more than R2m a year, according to recruitment agency Michael Page.
- Michael Page found that CFO’s, financial directors and chief human resource officers are among the highest paid in South Africa.
- The recruitment agency said local salaries are under pressure as companies seek to automate and cut costs.
- For more stories go to the Business Insider South Africa homepage.
Chief financial officers (CFO), financial directors and chief human resource (HR) officers are among the highest paying careers in South Africa, a new report found.
Specialist recruitment agency Michael Page’s Salary & Skills Guide for 180 jobs in 2020, found that the average South African CFO salary is R4 million a year for a multinational company, and R2.5 million at a small to medium-sized enterprise (SME).
A financial director at a multinational company in South Africa can expect to earn R4 million a year, and a chief HR officer R2.9 million.
Business Insider ranked the 17 highest paying careers in South Africa in the Michael Page report according to the average salary an individual can expect to earn. They are:
Group / Regional CFO (multinational corporation) R4 million
International law firm partner R3.25 million
Vice president of supply chain (multinational corporation) R3.1 million
Finance Director (multinational corporation) R3 million
Vice president of HR / Chief HR officer (multinational corporation) R2.9 million
Top South African law firm partner R2.75 million
Group / Regional CFO (SME) R2.5 million
Vice president of procurement (multinational corporation) R2.3 million
Supply Chain / Logistics Director (multinational corporation) R2.275 million
In-house general counsel R2.25 million
Sales general manager (multinational corporation) R2.2 million
Chief Marketing Officer (multinational corporation) R2.2 million
Sales general manager (SME) R2 million
Boutique law firm partner R2 million
Head of compliance R2 million
Chief audit officer (multinational corporation) R2 million
Chief marketing officer (SME) R2 million
Michael Page’s salary benchmark was compiled by capturing job advertisements and placements throughout 2019.
The data was validated against insights from its consultants’ interaction with clients and candidates.
Associate Director for the PageGroup South Africa, Paul Newman, said as policy uncertainty continues in South Africa, local companies are looking for ways to increase output and productivity, while at the same time cutting costs.
Therefore, automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, digital and in broader terms, technology is playing a bigger role in achieving the goals, Newman said.
“South Africa is also facing a brain drain of highly skilled labour who are opting to emigrate; this is creating a talent gap in the market, further contributing to the challenges of investing in the economy.”
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Here are the over-the-counter medicines you may need a prescription for in future - including Adcodol and Nurofen Plus
- What you need to know about the state of SA’s minibus taxi industry – including how much profit owners make each month
- These SA towns will get better roads and internet connections under a draft spatial development plan
- SA’s future cities can have rooftop poetry nights and people being nice to one another, says a new draft government plan
- A black man in the US received a settlement in a race discrimination lawsuit. When he tried to cash the cheque, the bank called the cops, prompting a second racial discrimination case.