The 10 most expensive streets in South Africa - where the average house costs you more than R20 million
- The top ten priciest streets for residential property buyers all have average house prices above R20 million.
- The most expensive street is in Constantia, Cape Town, but the most expensive suburb is Llandudno.
- Of the top ten most expensive streets, only two are outside Cape Town.
- For more, go to Business Insider SA.
House prices on a single street in Constantia in Cape Town's southern suburbs now average almost R30 million, the latest numbers from property research group Lightstone reveal.
Lightstone’s analysis includes the data of nearly eight million registered residential and commercial properties across South Africa. All of the ten most expensive streets have average house prices of above R20 million.
Read: Single women are now the biggest group of property buyers in South Africa – larger than couples and single men
According to Lightstone, the most expensive South African suburbs are Llandudno (average house price of R18.617 million), De Bosch in Stellenbosch (R17.1 million) and Higgovale (R15.2 million).
While all of these are in the Western Cape, Gauteng represents almost 40% (or R2 trillion) of South Africa's total residential property value. In total, South Africa's 6.7 million residential properties are valued at R5.4 trillion.
Here are the most expensive streets in South Africa:
1. Moneterey Rd, Bel Ombre. Average house price: R29.875m
2. Ravine Road, Bantry Bay. Average house price: R27.575m
3. Logies Bay Road, Llandudno. Average house price: R27.250m
4. Killarney Road, Hyde Park. Average house price: R22.3m
5. Sunset Ave, Llandudno. Average house price: R21.525m
This 7-bedroom house on Sunset Avenue is on the market for R19.95 million. The property currently consists of the main house and three lettable units.
6. Glencoe Road, Oranjezicht. Average house price: R21.5m
7. Avenue St Louis, Fresnaye. Average house price: R21.417m
8. Chesterfield Road, Oranjezicht. Average house price: R21.1m
9. 5th Avenue, Illovo. Average house price: R20.875m
This 4-bedroom house in a "gated enclosure" on 5th Avenue is currently on the market for R9.9 million.
10. Beauvais Avenue, Bel Ombre. Average house price: R20.700m
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Here’s how much it costs to open a Vida, Mugg & Bean or Bootlegger coffee shop
- Up to 1 million animal species may be at risk of disappearing — yet another sign we're in the middle of a 6th mass extinction
- The supposed origins of 18 popular dog breed names
- What to do if you find a coworker on a dating app
- 'No image will surpass this': Hubble telescope astronomers created a stunning picture of the deep universe with 16 years' worth of photos
- Checkers is launching new Lego-like collectables – and you can build an entire store