Some of the most popular products at Takealot and Superbalist are on sale - here are the best deals
- Takealot and Superbalist launched "The Ultimate Checkout Sale" on Wednesday
- Consumers can expect savings on the top-rated products at each of the online retailers.
- The sale is Takealot’s attempt to recreate a shopping holiday similar to Amazon’s Prime Day in the US.
- For more stories, go to www.businessinisder.co.za.
Takealot and Superbalist’s The Ultimate Checkout Sale started on Wednesday morning which saw the online retailers slash prices on its most popular items.
The three-day sale started by cutting prices on the highest rated products at the retailers.
On Thursday prices of most searched items will also be cut, and on Friday most wish-listed items will be cut.
Takealot Group CEO Kim Reid said the sale is based on similar shopping events established in the United States, China and India.
“Internationally, annual events such as Amazon’s Prime Day, Alibaba’s Singles Day and Flipkart’s Big Billion Days highlight the demand for tailored shopping experiences in addition to great deals,” Reid said.
Reid said what makes The Ultimate Checkout different is that it is built on shopper behaviour.
Here are some of the biggest savings on top rated products at Takealot we found:
Reebok ZJET 460 Treadmill - R10,999 (was R19,999)
Essence Make-up Mystery Box - R89 (was R250)
Fitbit Flex 2 - R599 (was R999)
Russell Hobbs Pressure Cooker - R849 (was R1,299)
Reebok Zpower Bike - R2,999 (was R6,999)
Continental Homeware 20ltr Stainless Steel Pedal Bin - R297 (was R850)
JJRC H36 Mini Quadcopter Drone - R499 (was R1,099)
Weber fire place - R1,399 (was R3,499)
Weber - Compact Charcoal Kettle Grill - 57cm - R1,599 (was R2,629)
Sennheiser HD 4.40 Bluetooth Headphones - R999 (was R2,352)
Beurer Kitchen Scale KS 54 With Large Stainless Steel Bowl - R399 (was R799)
Medalist - Trampoline With Safety Net - 3 Metres - R1,999 (was R3,499)
Here are some of the top rated products at Superbalist we found:
Levi’s 501 Original Jeans - R439 (was R799)
Superbalist Wide Leg Dungarees - R389 (was R599)
Asics Curreo II Sneakers - R519 (was R799)
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- How Markus Jooste used rugby – and Steinhoff money – to shoulder his way into Stellenbosch society
- One of the world's biggest companies wants to buy a local food giant – here's what it will mean for South Africans
- Polo Vivo has been SA's top-selling car for an astonishing 10 years - here's why
- These large companies are looking for new staff - including Nedbank, Discovery and Amazon
- Whirlpool is pulling out of South Africa – and taking a nearly R1 billion hit in the process