Here's exactly how students can get 10% off anything at Shoprite and Checkers for four days every month, starting next week
Registered South African students can get 10% off at Shoprite and Checkers stores starting next week Wednesday, the retailer announced on Tuesday.
The student discount is available for four days per month until the end of October, for all purchases up to a maximum of R1,500.
“As a retailer, our products are already at the lowest prices, but we continuously strive to become more affordable,” Shoprite and Checkers marketing director Neil Schreuder said in a statement.
The dates for the monthly discount are:
- 25 April - 29 April
- 23 May - 27 May
- 27 June – 1 July
- 29 August – 2 September
- 26 September - 30 September
- 24 October - 28 October
Here’s exactly how you can register for the discount right now.
Dail *120*569*your ID Number# (for Shoprite) or *120*885*your ID Number# (for Checkers) on your cell phone.
Once successfully dialled, you’ll be asked to enter your valid South African university student number.
Next, you’ll be asked whether you’d like to get the discount on SMS, Email or both.
If successful, you’ll receive your discount coupon within minutes to spend at the supermarket of your choice.
Receive a single WhatsApp message every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
- We tested 11 SA accents on Google’s new app, and it perfectly understands Zuma – but not Malema
- These are officially the 10 best beer labels in South Africa – featuring poodles, a raised middle finger, and a mildly satanic goat’s head
- A South African app builder has just become one of the first ever Obama Fellows
- 10 healthy takeaway lunches that will boost your productivity