A SA interior design firm has again been named one of the world’s best – here are some of the local mansions it decorated
- A Cape Town-based interior design firm has been selected as one of the top 100 firms in the world, according to a
- The firm, ARRCC, says there is currently a hunger for African design in other foreign markets.
- For more stories, go to Business Insider SA.
For the sixth time, Cape Town-based interior design firm ARRCC has been named one of the top 100 designers in the world.
This year, it was again selected by the Andrew Martin Interior Design review in the UK for the “Oscars of the interior design world”.
The Andrew Martin Interior Design review showcases the top international projects every year. It is now in its 23rd year. ARRCC was the only South African firm among the top 100.
The firm specialises in luxury residential interiors, and describes itself as “humble yet brutally honest”. Working from Cape Town, its more than 50 designers do interiors across the world including in Europe, Australia and the US.
A spokesperson told Business Insider SA says there is currently “a hunger for African design” in other countries as contemporary African art and fashion are “having a profound effect on global tastes”. There is a global realisation that Africa is not only a source of inspiration for luxury goods but is a creator of them too, according to ARRCC.
“African designers are drawing on the continent’s diverse aesthetics and artisanal traditions to help craft a new, modern luxury that is becoming increasingly more appreciated and sought after globally.”
Here are some of ARRCC's recent interiors in South Africa:
A residence in Clifton, Cape Town
A house in Val de Vie's Gentleman's Estate near Franschhoek
Cheetah Plains, Mpumalanga
Cheetah Plains is a private game reserve adjacent to the Kruger National Park.
Read: These ultra-luxury villas near the Kruger will cost R90,000 a night – but you get your own butler, spa therapist, and field tracker
Southern Suburbs, Cape Town
Cape Town City Bowl
Southern suburbs, Cape Town
Sea Point, Cape Town
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Scientists looked at 16 supplements and found most were useless when it came to heart health and longevity — even vitamin D, iron, and multivitamins
- 20 rags to riches stories that will blow your mind
- Africa is aiming to become a giant, interconnected trading region. It just might work.
- The company behind Castle and Black Label said it won't take its Asia unit public, cancelling the largest listing of 2019
- In Taiwan and Rwanda being unfaithful can land you in jail or with a hefty fine. Here are 19 cheating laws around the world.
- A man went blind after contracting a parasite from showering with his contacts in