WATCH: Spectacular scenes in Lesotho after heavy snowfall
- Heavy snowfall has been recorded in Lesotho's mountains over the weekend.
- Videos and photos captured by staff at the Afriski Mountain Resort show how the landscape has been transformed.
- Unfortunately, due to strict lockdowns in both Lesotho and South Africa, few people got to experience it first-hand.
- For mores stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
The highlands of Lesotho were transformed into a glittering white landscape over the weekend after heavy snow made landfall.
Unfortunately, given the strict lockdown restrictions in both Lesotho and South Africa, few people witnessed the spectacle.
"We are hoping that things will improve in the coming months and that South Africans will be allowed to travel (here)," says Peyper.
Here are some of the pictures and video Martin Schultz, also from Afriski, captured this weekend:
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- All the financial help available to South Africans during the coronavirus crisis
- Lockdown level 4: What will be allowed
- You’ll only be able to buy booze at Level 3 - and only on some weekday mornings
- You can now ‘hike’ SA’s most scenic routes without leaving your couch
- Salons expect to be flooded when lockdown eases. Here’s how they plan to cope.