Shoprite is giving 36 small businesses R70,000 each to hustle – here’s how to get it
- Shoprite is helping entrepreneurs with a marketing injection.
- 36 winners will each receive R10,000 in cash, and R50,000 in marketing.
- The trick is to describe – very briefly – what it is you do.
The competition is open to any business with a turnover of less than R1 million, owned by a South African citizen older than 18, and which can get through vetting as a legitimate business.
Between August and October, 12 winners a month will each receive R50,000 in radio airtime, R10,000 in cash and have a Thundafund profile set up including a short video for the business.
Shoprite says winners will be chosen based on which business is best aligned with its values "and the spirit of this campaign," captured in its video:
Entries can include up to six pictures of the business, and each entrant has 1,500 characters, the equivalent of about a dozen short paragraphs, to capture "the story" of the business.
All entries can be done on the competition website. The last date to enter the competition is September 22.
Receive a single WhatsApp every morning with all our latest news: click here
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- These are the new safety standards for private swimming pools – and a fence is no longer good enough
- The 18 biggest mistakes you can make on your tax return this year
- Netflix just took a jab at DStv in a new advert — here are 4 other times companies trolled each other
- These popular heart pills can cause cancer and have just been recalled in SA. Here’s how to find out if you’re affected, and how to get a refund
- How to claim from the Road Accident Fund without a lawyer — in 3 steps