WATCH | A supermarket #JerusalemaChallenge in Limpopo – plus a marriage proposal
- Raymond Seema saw staff at his local Shoprite, in Potgietersrus, practise for the #JerusalemaChallenge, and that gave him an idea.
- He invited long-time partner Dineo Mashilo to see the staff dance, and proposed to her right in the middle of the performance.
- Shoprite captured video of the moment he dropped down to one knee – at first unnoticed.
- For more stories go to www.BusinessInsider.co.za.
When Raymond Seema saw staff at his local Shoprite, in Potgietersrus, practise the Jerusalema, it gave him an idea.
The #JerusalemaChallenge has been popular among its staff, Shoprite says, with dances breaking out in stores around the country.
Seema invited his partner of 12 years, Dineo Mashilo, to come watch the dance.
“When I arrived there was a great atmosphere and I got so caught up watching the dancing that I hardly noticed Raymond next to me on one knee. When I saw him I couldn’t believe my eyes," said Mashilo.
The couple have known one another since high school, and have been together for 12 years. Both work at the Mogalakwena Mine outside Mokopane.
Watch the video Shoprite captured as Raymond Seema proposed to Dineo Mashilo while staff performed the #JerusalemaChallenge.
Receive a daily update on your cellphone with all our latest news: click here.
Get the best of our site emailed to you daily: click here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- You can now get a Covid-19 antibody test for R230, with results in 24 hours
- Looking for a job? Govt has a new database for people to find work on infrastructure projects
- Two Joburg youngsters just created their own instant coffee brand – here's how they did it
- Uber Eats motorcycles will now deliver your parcel of up to 15kg nearby – fast
- All Vodacom clients can now buy clothes, food with VodaBucks – here’s how it works