- Shazam has shared a list of songs that people have asked the music-identification service to name the most in 2018 so far.
- Pop stars like Ed Sheeran and Camila Cabello appear on the list alongside up-and-coming names like Anne-Marie and Alice Merton.
Over halfway through the year in music, Shazam has shared a list of the songs that its users have most frequently requested the service to identify in 2018 so far.
The popularity of Ed Sheeran's multi-platinum album "÷," released in March 2017, has endured well into 2018, as the singer-songwriter's single "Perfect" topped Shazam's list at the midyear mark.
"Even though Ed's album '÷' is now more than a year old, the songs from it continue to be Shazamed in large numbers," Julian Marshall, Shazam's global head of content, said in a release. "With some big releases incoming from Drake, Nicki Minaj and Ariana Grande, and tracks like 'X' still in our Worldwide Top 10, it'll be interesting to see if he's still top of the charts at the end of the year."
The remainder of the list includes international pop stars like Camila Cabello and J. Balvin alongside up-and-coming names like Anne-Marie and Alice Merton.
The company said that the five most "Shazamed" artists in the first half of the year were (in descending order): Ed Sheeran, J. Balvin, Drake, Dua Lipa, and Kendrick Lamar.
Here are the 10 songs people asked Shazam to identify the most in 2018 so far:
1. Ed Sheeran - “Perfect”
2. Nicky Jam & J. Balvin - “X”
3. Jax Jones Feat. Ina Wroldsen - “Breathe”
4. Alice Merton - “No Roots”
5. Marshmello & Anne-Marie - “Friends”
6. Rudimental Feat. Jess Glynne, Macklemore & Dan Caplen - “These Days”
7. Tom Walker - “Leave A Light On”
8. Camila Cabello - “Never Be The Same”
9. Portugal, The Man - “Feel It Still”
10. G-Eazy & Halsey - “Him & I”
Receive a single email every morning with all our latest news: Sign up here.
Also from Business Insider South Africa:
- Bruce Whitfield: SA is a basket case. Really?
- Walkout! Senior managers responsible for 25% of STAR revenue pack their bags
- This is what quick-frozen chicken pieces cost in every province – and the differences are startling
- I was so fed up with traffic that I bought a motorbike - and the results were surprising
- McDonald's thinks South Africans are getting stuck on Big Macs and Egg McMuffins. Here’s their plan to change that.