Serena Williams apparently won beer pong at the royal wedding after-party — and she wore sneakers under her gown
- Serena Williams stole the show at the royal wedding after-party.
- The tennis champion reportedly dominated at beer pong — and even came prepared for the boozy showdown as she wore trainers underneath her Valentino gown.
A championship-winning athlete is the last person you should challenge to a game of beer pong — but that did not stop revellers at the royal wedding after-party.
Serena Williams, a 23-time Grand Slam major winner in tennis, attended the Frogmore House evening reception that followed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's marriage ceremony on Saturday, May 19.
Williams reportedly stole the show when it came to beer pong, a drinking game popular with American university students where players throw table tennis balls into cups filled with beer.
"Serena Williams played beer pong like it was tennis," a reception attendee reportedly told The Sun.
You could say it was game, set, and match to Williams, who seemingly came prepared for the event as she wore trainers under her Valentino gown.
She posted an Instagram video stating: "Little known fact: I often wear sneakers under my evening gown."
Williams was accompanied by her husband, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian, and was invited to the royal wedding because of her association with Markle.
Williams met Markle in 2014 when they teamed up for a flag football match at a Celebrity Beach Bow event organised by DIRECTV.
- 10 of the most remote hotels in South Africa - from sleeping in caves to tree houses
- Hartbeespoort gets Africa's first cable car for mountain bikes - perfect for downhill trails
- The JSE: You pays your money and you takes your chances
- Manage your money ‘like a f*cking grownup’ by avoiding these 4 myths